Star Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Wars

Star Wars... nuff said

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Luke and the Dark Side

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Avolanche

Avolanche

Luke and the Dark Side Empty
PostSubject: Luke and the Dark Side   Luke and the Dark Side Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 10:20 am

So, the other night I was channel surfing and Star Wars was on. I had caught the end of Empire and watched the first part of Jedi (you know, the good part, before Lucas hit the crack pipe w/ those ewoks).

In the beginning of Jedi, when Luke is entering Jabba's palace to rescue everbody, you can see that he Force Chokes the two pig-men guards at the entrance.

I thought this was interesting, as Choke is typically viewed as a "dark side power."

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
obitwo

Luke and the Dark Side Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke and the Dark Side   Luke and the Dark Side Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 11:21 am

I'm not sure, via my understanding of the "force" that there are powers which are specific to any one side.

There are powers that perhaps the dark side uses more frequently than the light side, and may even be expressly forbidden by (blue lightning perhaps) but I see no reason why a Jedi and a Sith wouldn't have access to the same powers.

It is just a matter of learning how to manipulate a force of energy, it is not a matter of your moral affliation. Much like sex before marriage. The light side CAN do it, they just forbid it in most situations, but the dark side likes orgys. Catch my drift?

It isn't that the light or the dark side have a sudden special set of powers that become available to them, it's just manipulation of energy. What is the key is that one has the self control to know when is best to USE those powers. That is why it is said "Do not soccumb to the dark side." Meaning, excorsize self control, do not use your powers for evil ect.

And for the record, saving Han Solo is NEVER evil thus all force powers become acceptable!
Back to top Go down

Luke and the Dark Side
Page 1 of 1